We are typically not big TV watchers in the evenings, but since the Olympics have begun, we have had the TV on every night! I enjoy watching not only for the sport and competition, but all the personal stories behind the athletes. My favorite winter Olympic sport is figure skating. Caleb often asks me what I want to be when I grow up. I always have to find something different than a mommy...my usual answer is a pairs figure skater. Which is true...I would have loved to have done this sport, but know I would not have had what it takes in regards to time and practice necessary. Caleb usually prefers that I be a race car driver...
Many mornings this week, Ella wakes up and asks "are the Olympics on?" The kids are excited about them too....Ella was happy to find this coloring page at the library and wanted to work on it during her rest time.
I researched the Olympic rings and the colors and I found out on Wiki that the five intertwined rings represent the unity of the five inhabited continents. The colors of the rings - blue, yellow, black, green, and red, with a white background - were chosen because every nation had at least one of them on its national flag. The flag was first flown at the Olympic games in 1920.
Hope you have been enjoying the Olympics too.
No comments:
Post a Comment