Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snowy Day

I did not expect it to actually snow today, although the weather forecasts predicted it, but early this morning I started hearing what sounded like sleet hit the window in our bedroom. It was too dark to see out and I went back to bed. When I woke up (9:00, thanks kids!) I couldn't believe how much we actually had outside. It has continued all morning and even at lunch, the difference in accumulation is obvious. The kids have had a great time this morning learning how to make snowballs, build a snowman and make snow angels. We just recently studied the book Snowy Day, during our preschool lessons and learned all about tracks...people tracks/animal tracks in dirt, sand and snow. So, they were so excited to go out and make tracks in the snow. The question they have been asking all morning, is "Why did God send snow today?". The snow is still coming down and my job now, while they are napping, is to figure out how to make snow ice cream. I think we will have enough for it!
This is early this morning...well, 10am. Caleb stood outside and kept yelling "Hi snow!".

Snowman's name is Silas...the name we are leaning towards for baby carter #3.
I was amazed at how large the snowflakes were!This is at lunch...you can see a definite increase in the amount of snow accumulated on the ground since the morning.
Collecting snow for a snow ball.It's still coming down!

Snow Ice Cream Results...tasted pretty good for not having sweetened condensed milk.

1 comment:

nathan said...

awesome pictures! i can't believe it snowed so much. got to ask my parents if they got snow at their home. in freiburg the snow has been gone for about 2 weeks.

caleb saying "hi snow" cracked me up!