I have some creation magnets that I passed out between the kids. We read the creation story out of Ella's bible and the kids had to come up when they heard their creation item described and put it up on the board. We watched a short creation segment from a DVD that was created to go along with her Bible. They wanted to watch it over and over again.... These DVDs are great, by the way. We went over the verse Gen 1:1, talked about colors from His creation and sang "God Made Me", which I already had on a CD.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Preschool Co-op
In June I taught Ella's pre-school co-op again. This time it was at our house since the Smith's were out of town that week. I decided to do "Colors of Creation", partially to use some things I already had around here and kids love talking about when God created the world. Here are a few things we did.
I have some creation magnets that I passed out between the kids. We read the creation story out of Ella's bible and the kids had to come up when they heard their creation item described and put it up on the board. We watched a short creation segment from a DVD that was created to go along with her Bible. They wanted to watch it over and over again.... These DVDs are great, by the way. We went over the verse Gen 1:1, talked about colors from His creation and sang "God Made Me", which I already had on a CD.
Our craft started out with reading "Mouse Paint" which talks about mixing colors. So then we mixed colors with food coloring and little droppers and learned how to make orange, green and purple. The droppers were a little challenging for the kids, but it was good practice for fine motor skills. Walgreens pharmacy gave me free droppers. We then mixed food coloring and shaving cream and went outside and painted.






Our snack was blue cream cheese/powdered sugar mixture on a graham cracker with multi-colored goldfish. Supposed to look like fish in the ocean.
During storytime we read "Tiny, Tiny Mouse" (another color book) and played a game with cards and stickers, mainly for number identification and counting. During center-time, the most memorable activity was this clothespin matching game. I printed out little creation pictures I got from a website, big and little ones, and glued them to the side of a box and then to a clothespin. It was a great matching activity and something again for fine motor skills.
It was a fun, yet crazy morning. I hope the kids learned something! If any of you are interested in websites to get preschool ideas, I like Hubbards Cupboard. It has a whole Christian-based curriculum on there from 2's to kindergarten age and tons of free stuff.
I have some creation magnets that I passed out between the kids. We read the creation story out of Ella's bible and the kids had to come up when they heard their creation item described and put it up on the board. We watched a short creation segment from a DVD that was created to go along with her Bible. They wanted to watch it over and over again.... These DVDs are great, by the way. We went over the verse Gen 1:1, talked about colors from His creation and sang "God Made Me", which I already had on a CD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment