Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thankful for His gift...

We are thankful for God's gift to us this past Easter weekend celebration!

For Christians, Easter weekend is really the most important holiday during the year we can celebrate. Without it, we have no faith! Each year we hope to make Easter weekend more important for the kids and balance out the egg hunts/candy with talking about what it really is about. We have found a few things we are starting to make a tradition, like resurrection eggs. This year though, my favorite memory was the Bible reading our church does leading up to resurrection Sunday. Our church has people sign-up (one at a time for 15min increments) that start reading the Bible in our sanctuary, starting in Genesis, 24 hours a day from Wed before Easter until the morning of Easter Sunday. I signed Ella and I up this year and we read on Good Friday morning. We started in Psalms 119 and in our 15min read through Psalms 130. Honestly, Ella did all the reading. I stood next to her and helped her with a few words. I was planning to read a little more, but she really loved it...it was hard to stop her. I did get to read Psalms 127, and found my section great. My verses included this -

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver if full of them."

I felt truly blessed standing up there with Ella as she read and how much I could tell she really loved the Word.

Here are some pictures from the rest of our weekend. We got to spend our day with Zach and Chelsi and their kids and had a nice time.

Silas stuffing his face with candy.Silas stuffing his face with candy AGAIN...

1 comment:

debbie said...

Gosh Ella you are not only beautiful in your Easter dress you are so smart! I wish I could have been there to listen to you reading, in Psalms119-130..Caleb I am amazed at how strong and fast you are as you climb to the top of the playhouse-was there more than one egg hidden up there? Silas, I like candy too. I love the family photo-you are such a beautiful family -God is Great!!XOXO and Love to you all.Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Greg