Monday, November 1, 2010

Lightening McQueen, a princess and a pumpkin






Here are a few shots of the kids in their outfits for trick-or-treat day yesterday. Ella was a princess once again this year. She likes to pick one of her princess dresses from her dress-up box for her outfit...easy, not much work for me. She was "Sleeping Beauty" this year.

Caleb was of course, Lightening McQueen. He is absolutely obsessed with the Disney "Cars" movie and characters. His outfit took some work. We transformed a box of diapers into a car. When he first saw it, all he could say was "whoa". He was pretty much speechless, which is pretty impressive to be able to do to Caleb. He really enjoyed his outfit, although his tires kept falling off. Poor design on my part. I should have just glued the wheels on, but I thought it would be fun for him if they turned.

Silas was a pumpkin. He just sat in the stroller the whole time and did great. He didn't know what was going on....

We have lived in our house about 6 years now and this was the first year we went trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood. We know quite a few families around the neighborhood so it was fun to see them all out last night. A few families from our weekly bible study that meets at our house on Sunday night also joined us. It was a fun time last night!

2 comments:

kathy said...

Super cute Lightening McQueen! Wish I could have seen him run around in it!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi there!

Aren't those nativity candles neat?! Yes, I got them from Dayspring.com - I had a gift code as they are a bit pricey, but if you watch for discount codes - you might be able to get a good deal on them!

When you go to Dayspring, type in Nativity Hurricane Trio into the search box.

Enjoy!
Monica