Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Playdough

I wanted to share a yummy smelling playdough spice recipe I randomly found online. I had to make pumpkin pie spiced playdough for Ella's preschool fall party this week.

I used a playdough recipe from a friend and then added my spice to the dry ingredients and the food coloring to the wet ingredients before I cooked together on the store. It smells wonderful...perfect for the season right now.

RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN PIE SPICE...

For a regular batch of playdough (2c. or so recipe, I would half the below ingredients)

Mix 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 4 teaspoons ground ginger & 3 teaspoons ground allspice. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Add to dry ingredients.

For color, add food coloring to the wet ingredients. (2 parts yellow to one part red - maybe about 6 squirts of yellow and 3 squirts of red)

Enjoy!

No comments: