Friday, February 27, 2009

Doing Nothing but Important Things

I think the last time I visited a general practitioner, I was in high school. But, I came down with something this week that got me bad enough that I went in. Come to find out I had Influenza A. Fortunately, the kids are all well...they had the flu shot. So, I had a rough week health wise. But, it was nice in that we stayed around the house a little more than usual this week. Sometimes the fast pace of lives these days, makes it feel like I always need to be going here or there or doing such and such, or getting something done, etc. I do think kids enjoy getting out of the house and doing things, but there is so much value in having quiet days at home. Days when you don't have to rush your kids to get dressed and get out of the door.....days you can really take time with them, do things that they enjoy and be silly. We like finding fun and different things to do around the house, doing crafts and just playing on the back porch outside with bubbles and chalk and swinging and singing on the porch swing. Not in a hurry to go or get anywhere, just being together. Here are a few pictures of the kids this week on one of our lazy days outside.

2 comments:

Coffman Family said...

I'm trying to learn that lesson right now. I get so anxious to spend time doing things and forget that just playing airplane or singing songs is doing something. Glad you are feeling better!

Cheng family said...

I'm so sorry to hear you had the flu. But glad to hear that you're feeling better. I love the pictures of the kids outside. The both look really happy.