Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Letter

As intended, this update was meant to go along with our Christmas card we sent out this year.  As always, I have more plans and ideas then I actually have time for.  Anyways, I hope you enjoy this little update on the Carters...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!  We hope your 2012 was even better than you thought it would be and that you are excited about 2013!

Jeremy and I got to take a little mini vacation to the Gaylord Hotel in June to celebrate our 12th anniversary.  All 5 of us made the trip up to Minnesota this summer to hang out with the Franklins - Jeremy's extended family.  We all had a great time and the kids keep asking when we get to go back. 

Kids...that is what much of our time goes to these days.  But, it is super fun and rewarding!  Our oldest, Ella (7), finished up Kindergarten at our first year at Sterling Classical School and is halfway through 1st grade - we love the school are are so thankful the kids have been able to go there so far.  She absolutely enjoys school!  She is an avid reader and studier...she loves to learn new things and frequently does "research" on things that catch her interest in science and ancient civilizations!  She is devouring books...we can't seem to keep our bookshelf stocked with enough chapter books.  She is enjoying her weekly gym lessons and is working on perfecting her cartwheel.  Caleb is halfway through Kindergarten and has really picked up his reading this fall.  He is super sharp with math and will often answer Ella's math questions before she will.  He really enjoys learning about countries around the world and loves to decorate his room with drawn flags of countries he has learned about.  He continues to climb anything he can, learned to swim this past summer and played one season of soccer.  Silas is definitely learning to "hang" with his brother and sister.  He continues to love monster trucks, pretend to be a tiger and love play-dough.  He started a little music class this fall and like to do his own "school work" on the days when the older kids are in school. Caleb and his favorite activity continues to be wrestling with daddy.

Jeremy continues to work at Fallbrook Technologies, whose business has really taken off this year.  Fortunately, he has not had to travel to China at all this past year and is now in a position of sending others there!  He has been teaching throughout the fall in our singles class at church, Forefront, and really getting to know some guys in there and making an impact in a few of those guys lives.  He has also taught a few times in our New Parents class at church about marriage, as an extension of an excellent study our Sunday night bible study group did this year.  Our bible study group continues to meet at our house every Sunday night and we are very thankful for these dear friends in our lives.

Much of my time is spent teaching Caleb and Ella 2/3 days a week as part of their education at Sterling and I am helping in Caleb's kindergarten class as a room mom.  I continue to check out way too many books at the library for the kiddos.  Jeremy and I still teach kindergarten twice a month at church, which is really a test of patience.  I love my weekly Precept bible study at our church. I continue to run when I get a chance and have enjoyed starting Pilates workouts this year.  I am trying to find time to read and joined a book club with a few of my friends.  I was again able to go on an annual girls weekend away trip to San Antonio and love the chance to relax with friends.

Our family update, my sister and her family who were living here in Austin for a few years while her husband went to law school, have moved back to Dallas.  We are all very sad to not see them as often as we did.  My brother and his wife had their second baby, Tenley, just recently.  We continue to enjoy having Jeremy's sister Trinity live close by here in Austin.  Jeremy's brother and family are in the process of moving from Seattle to Albuquerque.

Much love to you all and hope that this next year is truly a blessing for you and your family!

The Carters

No comments: