Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Record Player

I am very excited to say that I purchased a 1978 Fisher Price record player from Ebay recently. I have been thinking back to the things I have purchased on Ebay (which is not much), but they are all old toys from my childhood. My first ever online purchase and Ebay purchase was a 1960's Barbie game that I used to play as a child at my grandmothers house. I have also purchased a 1976 Fisher Price hospital, which I adore. And now, the record player. I was motivated to get one because my mom still has a bunch of our old records & books that we used with our record player when I was little. Sadly, not sure where the record player went to. So thankful to her for letting me borrow these records for now....

Anyways, last Saturday, when Jeremy had left for China again, I pulled it out for the kids to try. They absolutely loved it and sat and listened to every single record I had. Here are a few of the records I have...maybe it will bring back some old memories of your childhood for you too.
(Peter and the Wolf, The Speedy Little Taxi, Pete's Dragon, The Pokey Little Puppy, Blinky the Lighthouse Ship, The Three Little Pigs, Dumbo, Bambi) Do you have any nostalgic toys you have purchased for your kids? Or, do you have something from your childhood that you saved for your kids to play with now?

1 comment:

Chef, Interrupted said...

That is FABULOUS! I loved that record player... and those records "when you hear the chimes ring like this..." What a fun trip down memory lane! Thanks for sharing it. :)