Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Halloween - Grumpy Cowboy and Princess

We are a little behind posting for Halloween...
Ella was planning to be a princess again this year, but was going to wear her "Belle" dress instead of "Cinderella", like she wore last year. Her "Cinderella" dress is a flower girl dress I wore in a wedding when I was little, and Ella loves to play dress-up in it. So much, that last year after Halloween, it got a little torn up from a bouncy house. I am not much of a sewer and it cost too much to get it professionally fixed. But, thanks to grandma Katherine, who volunteered to fix-it-up for Ella, she got be Cinderella again this year. Caleb requested to be a cowboy...not sure why/how he thought of that, but fortunately, Grandma Boo had a cowboy outfit and we borrowed red boots from cousin Cade. They both had a fun time, but as you can see from the pictures, Ella was definitely more into it than Caleb!
Here is me in the same dress...about 30 years ago...Here is all the little ones getting candy.Riding his horse...still not too pleased with pictures...My sister and her family. They came trick-or-treating with our Bible study small group.Here is our pumpkin we carved earlier that day.

2 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

Oh my goodness! You and Ella could have been twins! I can't believe how much she looks like you as a little girl!

Carters said...

You think...? I really thought I didn't look much like her and that Caleb and I look more alike...