Towards the end of the summer, I taught Ella's home co-op pre-school again. For those interested, here is a little of what we did that day.
We did a Beach and Ocean Theme...
We were going to start off by talking about Luke 5:1-7 about when Jesus told the disciples to cast their nets on the other side of the boat...but with preschoolers, plans don't always go as planned. Then we talked about and looked at pictures of different types of fish in the ocean. We sang "This is the way we go to the beach" and we acted out different things you do at the beach. We read "Sea, Sand and Me" and "Beach Day". Then we went "swimming" under the ocean to catch fish. The kids had to dive under a blue sheet and grab a fish and try to guess the name.

For craft time, we made oceans in bottles and did sand art.



For snack, I gave the kids pretzel sticks which they dipped in peanut butter and went "fishing" for goldfish. We also had apple crabs.

For storytime, we listened to an audio tape and read the book "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell", which is a takeoff of TWAOLWSA Fly. I happened to have an old lady puppet that swallows things that we received as a gift, so it worked well with this book. I just had to make pictures to go along with this story. Easy - I found them online.

For center time, I used some things I found at
Family Connections. I found some sea animal matching cards and magnet games there. We also did worksheets and they looked/dug for sea shells in a bucket of sand and had to sort them by shape.


I taught just this past week again and used our BFIAR curriculum. I will post about that a little later.
2 comments:
so fun! so many creative ideas! thanks for sharing.
You really out do yourself!! We will definitely be coming to your house to visit when we are old enough to sit and do crafts!
Post a Comment