Wednesday, December 17, 2008

...how does she think of that.

So Ella is showing that tendency to remember peculiar things at some interesting times.

...this past weekend, I went for my first long run in quite some time and came back really winded. Ella asked what was wrong and I said "I'm just a fatso, Ella, and can't run very far any more."

fast forward a few days....

....I'm putting Ella to bed last night and she's being extra whiny and emotional. So I tell her I'm sorry she's feeling bad, but its time to stop whining.....

DAD: ...if you want to read a book tonight or sing a song, you're going to have to stop whining and demanding everything. It's not kind to mommy and daddy and I'm not going to respond to you if you continue.

....pause....

...pause....

ELLA: You're a fatso.

I wasn't really sure what to say....I just sucked in my gut and sang a song.

5 comments:

Tyne said...

That is so funny. They are sponges, I am sure Jeremy just loved that!

The Wilcoxson's said...

at this stage you have to be so careful of what you say and how you say it because children are sponges and they are just happy they can say the words you use and do not even know what they mean.

cheryl said...

First of all, you're the skinniest "fatso" I've ever seen! ;o)
Secondly, that's hilarious! Glad you wrote that one down.

Daryl & Diana said...

Hm, how long is a long run? I'm sure this fatty couldn't even make half of it.

Cheng family said...

I'd get winded just jogging to the mailbox. Good for you for running! And you are one skinny fatso!